I have a partial acrylic denture for two top front teeth. Rather than having the denture anchored to my exising teeth what would be wrong...?

...with making the overall denture smaller and then using Fixodent to attach it to the roof of my mouth thus avoiding the discomfort of the pressure the denture exerts on my teeth and the discomfort of the space the denture takes up in my mouth? I'm sure there is a good reason why this shouldn't be... show more ...with making the overall denture smaller and then using Fixodent to attach it to the roof of my mouth thus avoiding the discomfort of the pressure the denture exerts on my teeth and the discomfort of the space the denture takes up in my mouth? I'm sure there is a good reason why this shouldn't be done.......but I have been unable to work out what it is as I am not a dentist!