Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 9 months ago

How can I make reading easier for me? and less time consuming?

I'm currently a speech pathology undergraduate program, and I've been assigned to read big chunks of pages. I can read novels and other entertaining books, but when I try to read loads of information I forget it all and get puzzled. I know people say " you should skim" or "take notes while you read", but I work at a slow pace when doing those things. How can I learn important information, without reading the whole thing and spending a lot of time. Please let me know.

• You could just drop out now.

It is obvious you aren't very interested in your chosen profession.

• Kyle

reading and taking notes requires practice and patience. good study habits is what is needed to retain information. if you read everything in 30 minutes, but don't remember it the next day, you just wasted 30 minutes, and may fail an assignment or test.

read until you comprehend everything and can pass your homework. it doesn't matter how fast one reads. but how well one reads to take in the information.

maybe see if your classes have a study group you can join and share ideas while working and quiz each other. some people need help instead of doing it all by themselves to study a subject.