Does going to church make anyone else uncomfortable?

I m a Christian and it s not the subject matter it s the people that I can t stand to be around. They seem corny, fake, silently judgemental, and honestly like a bunch of pretenders; I don t dislike them it s just that I don t like to be around them. Can anyone else relate?

A person can get more out of church attendance by reciting the rosary each day with care.

yes so I dont................ I was. never comfortabe wthin a bunch of liars ya see

sadly that is not uncommon....... I would have to know a whole lot more about you personally to offer any meaningful advice for your personal situation..... as well as a lot more info about the particular congregation..... that is why YA is not the forum for dealing with that issue....

short answer.... start shopping for a new church home.... ... that can be a heart wrenching endeavor

neversubmit@yahoo.com

• David

look in the mirror. maybe it's you.

Not at all. I look forward to going to church every Sunday. You need a better church.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian

I always found church boring, which made me all fidgety... I guess you could call that "uncomfortable".

I somewhat relate. You have to talk to God about when it is at the point of not being worth being with them. For starters, consider if they are really on the path to becoming Christ-like and just aren't there yet, or are they content to return to wallowing in their filth? Or, are they just different than you?

• not in my case, i have always felt a warm hospitality from people at church masses, i am catholic.

Absolutely I can. That was one of several factors that eventually led me to the truth about it.

Yep,completely agree, I haven't gone to church in over a year.