Why I feel sometimes uncomfortable at work?

I came from places where I worked really hard. In this new job, the location is great (30 min to commute) and we don't need to do extra hours. However, people here it is kind of snobby and superficial. I feel I don't feet in with them. In particular, a guy senior to me in experience who tries to humiliate... show more I came from places where I worked really hard. In this new job, the location is great (30 min to commute) and we don't need to do extra hours.

However, people here it is kind of snobby and superficial. I feel I don't feet in with them. In particular, a guy senior to me in experience who tries to humiliate me if I am don't give him attention.

I feel like I have to say nice things to him all day, I don't feel this is professional at all. I don't do it, so he doesn't like me at a difference of other female colleagues who always smile at him.

I am studying at the same time to improve my career, so I don't want to quit this job yet. ¿How can I stand up with this situation? Sometimes I feel angry with them and resentful. I am a naturally happy person.

Please, advise.