Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 9 months ago

Why would he just leave it hanging like that?

My bf of a year text me out of the blue saying he wanted to move and made some plans in an effort to do so. He knows I can't move and didn't ask me to go with him, so I responded that, OK, I know you're breaking up with me. He said he loved me, I told him how my heart was hurting, then I said I had no choice to move on and that I wished him well in life and that he would find happiness. He never replied, and he hasn't contacted me for 6 weeks. Why would he just dump me via text and leave me like that? I'm pretty sure it's not another woman (he's now dating randoms so he didn't leave me for someone). He didn't even wish me well or say sorry, and I doubt he's moving.

Does the guy really not give a crap or what? I don't want him back, but an outsider point of view would be nice. I don't understand how someone could be so heartless when ending things.

Interestingly, it's not important to "understand" someone else, because as hard as we might try, we can't understand another person.

If you want to know my opinion? He wasn't feeling it anymore in the relationship and he was too big of a coward to tell you up front. that's what i think.

I'ts NOT your fault if this is the case. Sometimes feelings fade and we want to move on. In my world, i'd be up front. But he had to make up some lie. In this case, it would be that he said he's moving, but you don't think he is (intuition tells us a lot too).

Wouldn't it be nice if people could just set us free with the truth? the truth is too difficult for some people.

And again, honestly i don't think we need closure. I truly don't.

You deserved better, but you didn't get it. I'd let it go and move on the best i could. Perhaps in a matter of weeks or a few months? You'll make some of your own discoveries why you two weren't compatible anyway.

He wasn't "heartless".... he's just a coward. Be thankful you're no longer with one of those

A person can be heartless because he no longer loved you nor wanted to be with you. And he is too much of a coward to tell you like a man.

So consider yourself lucky to be done with him.