Why would he just leave it hanging like that?

My bf of a year text me out of the blue saying he wanted to move and made some plans in an effort to do so. He knows I can't move and didn't ask me to go with him, so I responded that, OK, I know you're breaking up with me. He said he loved me, I told him how my heart was hurting, then I said I had no... show more My bf of a year text me out of the blue saying he wanted to move and made some plans in an effort to do so. He knows I can't move and didn't ask me to go with him, so I responded that, OK, I know you're breaking up with me. He said he loved me, I told him how my heart was hurting, then I said I had no choice to move on and that I wished him well in life and that he would find happiness. He never replied, and he hasn't contacted me for 6 weeks. Why would he just dump me via text and leave me like that? I'm pretty sure it's not another woman (he's now dating randoms so he didn't leave me for someone). He didn't even wish me well or say sorry, and I doubt he's moving.
Does the guy really not give a crap or what? I don't want him back, but an outsider point of view would be nice. I don't understand how someone could be so heartless when ending things.