When me and my gf argue she stops answering her text messages, is this abusive? This is making me want to break up and leave her?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It's not the ignoring text messages in itself that's the prob, but possibly a communication issue where she may be building walls and stonewalling you? Stonewalling and ignoring can be neglectful and yes, it can be considered abusive in some situations. Cutting your partner off of communication is a defence tactic but not very fruitful. If this is a big issue, I recommend you ask her to go to counselling with you or find a way to address her stonewalling and passive-aggressiveness before you break up with her so you give her a chance.

Sometimes these habits and survival mechanisms are acquired and developed at a very, very early age and not well understood by the person who resorts to them.

• 12 months ago

Simple solution: Stop arguing. Problem solved.

• KTJoe
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Abusive nope; maybe you should part company since y'all argue a lot, a case of communication break down.

• 12 months ago

You have two choices. When you argue, don't text her. Wait until she reaches out to you. OR stop arguing.

In either case, if she aggravates you and you argue all the time, you should leave her. A relationship is supposed to make you both happy and feel good most of the time.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

No, it simply means you need to take a hammer to your phone and get a new hobby.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.