Husband and I have decided to separate being civil?

My husband and I have decided to separate after 19 years of marriage. I honestly was under the impression that divorces were always messy and full of arguments. Our divorce (thus far) has been quite civil. We still talk daily, he still is with the kids almost daily. We’ve both decided to remain friends. I’m curious... show more My husband and I have decided to separate after 19 years of marriage. I honestly was under the impression that divorces were always messy and full of arguments. Our divorce (thus far) has been quite civil. We still talk daily, he still is with the kids almost daily. We’ve both decided to remain friends. I’m curious will it stay this civil? Is divorce normally this easy? I’m worried about how I’m going to react when he starts dating other people. We both have never dated anyone else we married when I was 20. I don’t want to date until our divorce is finalized (March 2020) I want to take some time to focus on my kids and myself because I’ve really let myself go the past 2 years with everything going on in our marriage.

Are divorces generally this civil?
Will it last?
How did you feel when you found out your husband was dating another women?