Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 11 months ago

Husband and I have decided to separate being civil?

My husband and I have decided to separate after 19 years of marriage. I honestly was under the impression that divorces were always messy and full of arguments. Our divorce (thus far) has been quite civil. We still talk daily, he still is with the kids almost daily. We’ve both decided to remain friends. I’m curious will it stay this civil? Is divorce normally this easy? I’m worried about how I’m going to react when he starts dating other people. We both have never dated anyone else we married when I was 20. I don’t want to date until our divorce is finalized (March 2020) I want to take some time to focus on my kids and myself because I’ve really let myself go the past 2 years with everything going on in our marriage.

Are divorces generally this civil?

Will it last?

How did you feel when you found out your husband was dating another women?

• Dze
    Favorite Answer

none of that crap matters .. what matters is assets and money .. if theyre happily sowing their oats and gonna let you walk away without financial or asset loss then that guy is my best friend lol ... knock the back out of it man .. keep her distracted ..

I doubt it will last. If there were differences enough to divide you two then there are likely to be the same disagreements in the separation. So? Enjoy the peace while it lasts.

usually no, but annual,ents always are. In my culture in europe we only marry in he church, after getting it approved by the head off our house and signing a marriage contract. The contract spells out all financial matters like dowry, how much will be retuned to the wife or her family if the marriage fails, and inheritance. It is always fair bc all parties involved agree t it beforehand, rather than fighting over property or trying to steal homes or assets that were in another spouses name. divorces never happen bc we dont involve post modern governments and bureaucrats in our personal affairs. In the rare event a marriage fails it is not a big legal battle. We would never do sorting as dishonorable as using the government as a club to punish or forker spouse or their family, or disaffect our children and heir lives and inheritance. If you and Your husband were able to be fair and not be vituperative towards one another that is good.

My first wife and I were only married for 6 months and I had the marriage annulled. She was not civil about it but I didbnt have to worry bc there was no chance of divorce. I simply wanted her to changer name back to he rya,milies name which is what we agreed on in the mariage contract. The whole marriage wa sort of sham bc her and her mother were desperate social climbers and lower class Rich Americans and I knew even if they agreed to legally change it back they would still use ti social and publicly so I ust kept the entire dowry. You are lucky it is working out the way it is for you so far bc in my experience people who Marry in the post modern way of government bureaucrat approval/courthouse documents/divorce court bs end up going through hell and whoever the provider or main provider is ends up getting screwed financially.

How sad!!! why are you already thinking about dating someone else? you have been married to this man for 19 years!! why don't you work things out with him instead of "dating" some strange man? I apologize if my answer sounds "judgmental".

• Ana

Yes, they are civil when both people are mature and good people

• BOBBER

No most are no t very civil, they can get quite ugly.