promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Never
Lv 7
Never asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

Can I walk on someone's property and pet their cats?

There is no sign or anything. Its near a park where I play disc golf and Its not far from the tee of one of the rounds. I don't do it when they are home.

If I ever saw the owner I would ask to make sure its ok but I never do and I don't want to knock as it would be imposing.

Update:

Door to door salesman can bother us without "trespassing" but petting a cat is?

Update 2:

I will try to ask permission if I see her. I think its a her. Could be a him. I saw some older folks knocking on the door once. Whoever it is, they are not home at 6-7 am but they are at 6-7 pm generally. I play one or the other in summer.

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No. That's trespassing. You don't know if the cats you're referring to are pets or strays, or where they have been.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

I would not, because some people are upset if you go on their property. What I do is call the cat from the edge of the public property. Often, the cat will come over to me for some petting.

• 9 months ago

. Yes Why not

• 10 months ago

I don't think that's a good idea at all. People are real funny about their pets and not to mention trespassing. If one of those cats gets ill or dies you could be a suspect. If one wonders on to public land like the sidewalk or street then okay. go to a local rescue group and help with socializing. Beware my friend. Good Luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ocimom
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No. Cats are not dogs. Most would run if you approached. Leave the cats alone. Owner should be keeping them inside anyway - not letting them out unsupervised.

• Never
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

If you take care of ferals like me, you cannot force them to be inside cats.

• J C
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

It is trespassing. Door to door salesmen are not trespassing as they knock on your door. Stay out of people's yards when you are not invited.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

Better be careful. Some moron might accuse you of abusing the cat.

• 10 months ago

It is not a good idea to trespass on anyone's property. Just wait until the cats come to you and pet them then.

• Anonymous
    10 months ago

want a load of rock salt in your backside?

• ...Show all comments
    • Ocimom
      Lv 7
      10 months agoReport

You have NO idea what the person is talking about. I know what he is talking about and it has nothing to do with sex or being gay!

• 10 months ago

No, that would be trespassing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.