Never
Never asked in PetsCats · 10 months ago

Can I walk on someone's property and pet their cats?

There is no sign or anything. Its near a park where I play disc golf and Its not far from the tee of one of the rounds. I don't do it when they are home.

If I ever saw the owner I would ask to make sure its ok but I never do and I don't want to knock as it would be imposing.

Door to door salesman can bother us without "trespassing" but petting a cat is?

I will try to ask permission if I see her. I think its a her. Could be a him. I saw some older folks knocking on the door once. Whoever it is, they are not home at 6-7 am but they are at 6-7 pm generally. I play one or the other in summer.

No. That's trespassing. You don't know if the cats you're referring to are pets or strays, or where they have been.

I would not, because some people are upset if you go on their property. What I do is call the cat from the edge of the public property. Often, the cat will come over to me for some petting.

. Yes Why not

I don't think that's a good idea at all. People are real funny about their pets and not to mention trespassing. If one of those cats gets ill or dies you could be a suspect. If one wonders on to public land like the sidewalk or street then okay. go to a local rescue group and help with socializing. Beware my friend. Good Luck!

• Ocimom

No. Cats are not dogs. Most would run if you approached. Leave the cats alone. Owner should be keeping them inside anyway - not letting them out unsupervised.

• Never

If you take care of ferals like me, you cannot force them to be inside cats.

• J C

It is trespassing. Door to door salesmen are not trespassing as they knock on your door. Stay out of people's yards when you are not invited.

Better be careful. Some moron might accuse you of abusing the cat.

It is not a good idea to trespass on anyone's property. Just wait until the cats come to you and pet them then.

want a load of rock salt in your backside?

• Ocimom

You have NO idea what the person is talking about. I know what he is talking about and it has nothing to do with sex or being gay!

No, that would be trespassing.