Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetInternetOther - Internet · 12 months ago

What are some good adblockers for firefox on the mac that do not cause viruses or other problems?

I used to have one and firefox kept crashing. I also kept getting something saying "apple wants to make some changes" and it would show up 3 times. It would never say what changes it wanted to make and asked for my password. Those both went away as soon as I uninstalled it.

• Fred

Don't blame Firefox or your ad blocker for your problems!

What can cause problems are the extensions that you have chosen to run. I have been running ad blockers with the PC version of Firefox for years without major problems. Some sites wont let you into them until the ad blocker is disabled.

If your adblocker is causing you "viruses", then you're probably downloading them from the wrong place.

I use U-Block Origin on FF and never had any issues with it. Make sure you download it from the official Firefox add-ons page: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ubl...