Did I ruin my girlfriend's life?

Let me start off by saying I'm a girl and I've been bisexual my whole life. My family and friends know and are ok with it. However, my girlfriend is a bit older than me and has never been with a woman before me. She's divorced and has two kids. Her family is pretty religious and no one knew we had been... show more Let me start off by saying I'm a girl and I've been bisexual my whole life. My family and friends know and are ok with it. However, my girlfriend is a bit older than me and has never been with a woman before me. She's divorced and has two kids. Her family is pretty religious and no one knew we had been dating until a few weeks ago. We were getting more serious and I suggested she should let people know. She didn't want to tell anyone, because she knew how people would take it, but i told her that we couldn't move forward if no one knew. Well, it didn't go great. Her relatives ( even her parents ) basically cut off contact with her after they found out ( like i said before they're super religious ). Her ex-husband somehow found out and is now trying to win back custody of the kids after claiming what she's doing is "unholy" ( He's not gonna get anywhere but its still a nuisance for her ). Her friends are distancing themselves from her, because they aren't exactly accepting of lesbian relationships. More recently, her kids are getting bullied at school because they have "two moms". In short, her kids hate me, her friends hate me, her ex-husband hates me, and even her parents hate me. I think I'm ruining her life. We both still love each other, but I think its for the best. She already has enough to deal with and I'm just another pain. Should I break up with her?
5 answers 5