Was I in the wrong here?

I was out driving, going at around 25-35 in a 25 zone, when I saw a woman coming from the sidewalk. (After this happened it occurred to me that she was approaching her vehicle that was parked on her side of the street) but instead of walking to it she started jogging to it, and entered the street in a way that... show more I was out driving, going at around 25-35 in a 25 zone, when I saw a woman coming from the sidewalk. (After this happened it occurred to me that she was approaching her vehicle that was parked on her side of the street) but instead of walking to it she started jogging to it, and entered the street in a way that looked like she would run into it so I hit the breaks (I was probably going 25 at the time.

I had noticed a minute or so before, that a vehicle behind me was riding my *** even when I was going 10 over. I don't know if it qualified as tailgating but it sure as hell looked close to it.

When I hit the breaks the car behind me blared its horn. I guess because they had to stop suddenly and they were too close to me.

Would I be at fault here? They really seemed to be in a hurry, but it's not my fault they were following too damn close to my car. I'd rather they hit me than me hitting a pedestrian.