Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 months ago

Do you think the escapees of Alcatraz prison survived the escape? And why?

I believe they did because there was never any bodies found and the current of the water that night was in favour of their raft.

Favorite Answer

i truly think they did

• Who

nope

the current was NOT in favour of the raft

the water is incredible cold

the tide was VERY strongly out to sea

No matter which way the tide was running they would have to swim a LONG way to get to shore in VERY cold water

you dont find bodies if there are no bodies to be found or you aint looking in the right place-

the "no bodies to be found" COULD be they survived, but it also could be the sharks got them

but in either case is a stupid reason for believing they survived or died

• Elaine

I doubt it. They entered the water at night and the tide was turning so they were most likely carried out to sea and eaten by sharks.

While absence of evidence isn't evidence of absence, the complete lack of empiric proof that they succeeded in the effort strongly suggests that they didn't survive the attempt. People who claim bodies would be found don't heed the record of history.

For example: It's known that at least 1500 people who were on R.M.S. Titanic died when it sank. Although almost all surely would have been wearing life vests, only about 300 bodies were ever recovered.

In the 57 years since the effort, no credible evidence has ever been found that proves the Alcatraz men lived. This despite several long, costly & intensive searches.

I conclude that they "sleep with the fishes."

• Killmouseky

Pretty clearly, YOU do, fruitboy. Admit the obvious: You simply can't wait to perform fellatio & analingus on me in a futile effort to get me to stop taunting you so.

I think they're still there. I'm convinced they simply got lost in the spaces between the walls and are still crawling around looking for the exit.

Yeah they survived, only typical of the FBI scumbags to lie about it to save face, there's plenty of evidence proving they escaped and lived, and zero evidence for the FBI's claim that they died.

Yes, I do. Because their bodies WOULD have washed up.

< I believe they did because there was never any bodies found >

That does not prove anything. Lots of boats for example sink and bodies are never recovered.

I honestly think they are dead but at the same time it always comes to mind the escape of that guy I can't remember, American, who escaped from a Turkish prison island and got to Greece where he managed to return to America.

There's a book and movie about him I can't remember.