Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 9 months ago

I only am attracted to anime men?

I am intimidated and nervous around men in real life and most aren’t like guys who are in my favorite anime’s. Most guys aren’t as attractive as anime guys. Is that normal? I’ve never had a boyfriend before and I’m 29 years old

Favorite Answer

Yes, that is normal. you should concentrate on beta males, they will not be as intimidating for you.

It's not that it's not normal, it's just your normal. You've always been exposed to the beauty and personalities of anime boys, so comparing them to the real deal can be disappointing, because these characters are fabricated to be appealing. That's why it works for you. I love anime, and I love the mysterious complex sexy guys and the romantic and daring Romeo's, even the ones with light grey eyes (uncommon in real life) but at the end of the day, they are only a group of the best male characteristics that the writers put together to make them attractive, to make people swoon over them. If those characters were real people, they could still be romantic and mysterious and adventurous, sure, but they would also be, maybe lazy, irresponsible, jealous, etc. Because no one is perfect, and we all have the good and the bad. But animes aren't long or detailed enough to display every single aspect of the life of a character. And thank God, they're not. You wouldn't want to sit and watch a show about your favorite anime man going to the toilet, cleaning the house, waking up with the flu and swollen - The point is, they're not real people. And while it's ok that you like them, because that's what they're made for, and while it's ok that you know that they're not like men in the real world - you have to realize that that's ok. Men in the real world each have their own qualities and flaws, just like women do. And one day you might find someone who makes you swoon as hard as the anime guys did, that you'll realize their flaws and qualities are all part of a person that you love. And they won't compare to even the most perfect anime man!

I totally got too excited with this question. To sum it all up: Anime boys are written to be perfect and exciting. But having someone real, with all their qualities and flaws is most exciting. Good luck.

That is not normal that is very immature