Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 12 months ago

Why did he pretend to be rich and generous with money, then ask me to pay the bill on our date after we have been talking about marriage?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Men try to impress women during the first few weeks/months of dating. Then when they feel they have you sold on them and they get used to you, they back away on the lavish gifts or talk of riches. Most men do it....its the oldest trick in the book. He may still be rich, but most rich people are tight with their money....that's part of the reason they're rich. You can always refuse to pay, and say you're the man, you pay! I bet he will. If he really cares about you...I assure you he will pay....if not, keep looking

• 12 months ago

This is a difficult question to answer without knowing more details. If you have talked about marriage you must be growing very close so perhaps you could ask him what he has in mind for the future regarding your mutual finances. Better to get everything out in the open before you are committed to each other. Most of all do you love him or were you attracted to him because you thought he was rich and generous.

• Aaron
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Well, it's equality now. You pay half. Don't expect a man to keep you.

• 12 months ago

Because he has no class, and probably no money either.

Or he has money, and he's a tightwad

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

HE DOES not sound honest.....I would dump his butt and move on to greener pastures..

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Were you expecting a free ride?

• 12 months ago

Maybe he was short on cash for that date.

Maybe he wants to see if you are also willing to pay for things.

Maybe now that you are talking about marriage, maybe he figures that you and he are going to have have joint property, so the person paying is irrelevant.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.