promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleFashion & Accessories · 7 months ago

Which Flats would look dressier with Trousers?

I've joint issues with my knees and ankles so I can't wear heels or sandals

(yes, I know there are ones with sole support, but my issues revolves the back of the foot, the heel). While I know Oxfords and Loafers are often favored with trousers, I still haven't found a pair that were comfortable enough. Now, I don't have a lifestyle requiring dressier daytime clothes, I simply like the look, but if you were in a pinch, lets say an interview or funeral - Which of these two would be better if you don't want go for a girly look?

I mean, Trousers with Blazer and Flats type.

The lace up flats kind of reminds me of sneakers, but I don't think they are super casual either. The others are more sporty Mary-jane (buckle) flats, which I tends to wear with skirts.

Update:

My style is more on the alternative (grunge-punk-ish) side, I don't dress to "fit in" so I don't care if people think they are not "pretty enough", but that doesn't mean I would wear leather shorts and platform boots to a funeral. lol ;}

Attachment image

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Kaz
    Lv 6
    7 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I usually like the look of lace ups under slacks or trousers better than a Mary Jane style.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 7 months ago

Definitely the Mary Janes.

• 7 months ago

They are equally dressy and equally awful (sorry!). I think your look would be about the same, either way.

• audrey
      Lv 7
      7 months agoReport

You have good taste.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.