Anonymous

If you have been underemployed and unemployed for years and finally got an offer for something full time over an hour away each way would?

You take it? Moving isn’t an option for various reasons and there’s the option to telecommute a few days a week. There’s also an option to take mass transit. The other option is not to take it and keep looking but it took years for this opportunity.

25 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Take the job. With telecommuting as an occasional option and mass transit available, seems like an easy problem to get over

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

I would take it any job is better than no job. Nothing in life is free and you must start somewhere

• 6 months ago

go talk to your local school

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Take it. The harder things are, the more you'll get in return experience wise. Give it a fair chance and really put in everything you got into this job. After 3 months, check in with yourself and see how are you feeling, was it worth it, what worked and what didn't etc. You can now list this on your resume. If you decide it wasn't for you, you can always resume the job search but at least you gave it a chance and will help your future job choices for sure. Don't waste this opportunity and the time it took for you to get it. Good luck.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • GEEGEE
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Yes, I would take it. I'm from NY originally (Long Island) and now live in the Ft Lauderdale area so I am accustomed to congested areas but you may not be.

• 6 months ago

Me, personally I wouldn't take it, I'm done with long commutes to work. you must live in a rural area?

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

take it, good luck

• 6 months ago

Yes, take the job.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

probably not. especially if you have to drive into or past a city to get there. traffic can be insane in some areas. even if average time takes an hour, you should always plan for more in case accidents happen, weather, just extra time.

• oikoσ
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Take it. I took an hour each way to commute for years. No big deal. If you use mass transit, you get two hours a day to relax, read, play games, whatever.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Depends on the job and how much you are getting paid, good job and good pay after including the driving costs, then yes, but most likely not.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.