Anonymous

If you have been underemployed and unemployed for years and finally got an offer for something full time over an hour away each way would?

You take it? Moving isn’t an option for various reasons and there’s the option to telecommute a few days a week. There’s also an option to take mass transit. The other option is not to take it and keep looking but it took years for this opportunity.

Favorite Answer

Take the job. With telecommuting as an occasional option and mass transit available, seems like an easy problem to get over

I would take it any job is better than no job. Nothing in life is free and you must start somewhere

go talk to your local school

Take it. The harder things are, the more you'll get in return experience wise. Give it a fair chance and really put in everything you got into this job. After 3 months, check in with yourself and see how are you feeling, was it worth it, what worked and what didn't etc. You can now list this on your resume. If you decide it wasn't for you, you can always resume the job search but at least you gave it a chance and will help your future job choices for sure. Don't waste this opportunity and the time it took for you to get it. Good luck.

• GEEGEE

Yes, I would take it. I'm from NY originally (Long Island) and now live in the Ft Lauderdale area so I am accustomed to congested areas but you may not be.

Me, personally I wouldn't take it, I'm done with long commutes to work. you must live in a rural area?

• Judy

take it, good luck

Yes, take the job.

• Kyle

probably not. especially if you have to drive into or past a city to get there. traffic can be insane in some areas. even if average time takes an hour, you should always plan for more in case accidents happen, weather, just extra time.

• oikoσ

Take it. I took an hour each way to commute for years. No big deal. If you use mass transit, you get two hours a day to relax, read, play games, whatever.

Depends on the job and how much you are getting paid, good job and good pay after including the driving costs, then yes, but most likely not.