Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 12 months ago

Why do our cops have guns?

We're not safer this way, so, Who gets a big kick out of this stuff?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

Most police forces worldwide carry guns. The only exception that I'm aware of, of a major Nations police force, is in the UK. But the Firearms laws in the UK are so extremely strict that police officers are unlikely to encounter a gun-wielding individual in the course of their normal duties. In the US, although it's statistically unlikely to encounter someone with a gun, it's much more likely than in the UK. Therefore, having officers armed with a gun, and able to fight back, is a good thing

• 12 months ago

For the same reason that French, German, Italian, etc, police have guns.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Cops have guns because police ALWAYS manage to outgun the citizens, in every country, forever since the beginning of recorded history. That's why the idea that guns in the hands of civilians is necessary for liberty is such a farce.

Lv 7
    12 months ago

When I used to live in central PA, there was a particular time of the year (mating season or rutting; forgot which) where deer tended to get out onto I-80 and get clipped by semi-trucks. State police would often euthanize them and call for cleanup. Without guns, that's harder to do.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago

I think cops should have water guns instead of real guns and foam clubs instead of real clubs, maybe also plastic handcuffs.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

To keep people afraid.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

Just think it's funny that the same people who complain about police brutality and think literally hitler and triple nazis run the government only want the government to have weapons

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

To murder black people more easily.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.