Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 6 months ago

Should I no call no show at work?

Hi, I have worked for Chick Fil A for almost 4 years now and I put in my two weeks notice but for my last week they only gave me 16 hours, this is a slap in the face and just goes to show how worthless and overrated chick fil a is! I have another job lined up, and they told me if I want to start before the 2 weeks I can call them and start early, should I just call them and start next week or should I work the last 16 hours? Thanks

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

It's up to you what you do, not up to us.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Moya
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Work the 16 hours

• 6 months ago

No. A no show would be a big mistake. But it's reasonable to cut your ties with Chick Fil-A sooner than the original length of your notice in response to the limited schedule they offered you. You just need to give them 24 hours notice and explain that is the consequence of shorting your hours.

• Layne
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

Always be reliable and this always is for the best.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • edward
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Did you use them as a reference? Did you already find another job? If you need them as a reference work the last 16. If you already have a job, skip, take a day off. What i did before when i gave my two weeks notice, the work gave me full shifts as per usual but i called and told them “you have to find someone else to work all those shifts, theres a reason i’m leaving. I’m not coming in.”

At that time, i had not already had another job and didn’t use them as a reference

• Judy
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you want to be rude and juvenile and not work your 2 weeks, at least call Chick Fil A and tell them you won't be in any more.

• Layne
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Nothing wrong with being rude and juvenile.

• 6 months ago

Work the last 16 hours.

• 6 months ago

You should work the 16 hours to keep a good reference from CFA.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Take the other company up on their offer as long as they can schedule around the 16 hours you have. Win win for everyone.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Suck it up and work the last 16 hours.

Something similar happened where I work. A girl gave her notice on a Tuesday, but when her last week came around she no-showed for the last 2 days. Needless to say, we don't have a very good opinion of her.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.