Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Groceries? What one specific type of food in your house, tends to go to waste the most often? Please explain.?

• audrey
    Favorite Answer

Vegetables and fruit. I dislike them both, but I keep telling myself I'll eat them cause "they're good for me". So I buy them and then can't force myself to eat them.

Garlic heads, salad greens, onions are typically wasted if they’re not prepped in advance to save or store for weekly use, or buying less.

Bread. I get a specific type of sourdough, whole grain bread from Trader Joe’s. It keeps in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, but I don’t eat much bread so I’m usually tossing at least half the loaf.

• Suggestion: Don't put bread in the refrigerator. It dries the bread out. Put it in the freezer.

• denise

Maybe its the jars of spices, you buy something specific for a recipe then it doesnt get used up.

Buy pasata and braed and eggs.

Lettuce. I buy it for hamburgers, BLT, maybe even salad but then I don't need these heads of lettuce bigger than my actual head and if I'm that lucky, I manage to make a sad, soggy salad out of the last of it if not throw it out.

Leftovers that don't get eaten, and it's not very often.

• C

Parsley if I'm completely honest. It just won't grow in my garden so I have to buy it. I always buy more than I need with the noble intention to chop and freeze the rest. About 60% of the time I do just that, but that's not a great success rate. I just can't motivate myself when it comes to parsley.

Broccoli or Potatoes. We always buy too many to use before some go bad.

Bread, spoils the fastest.

• Suggestion: Don't put bread in the refrigerator. It dries the bread out. Put it in the freezer. It could last up to 6 months if stored well.