Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Groceries? What one specific type of food in your house, tends to go to waste the most often? Please explain.?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • audrey
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Vegetables and fruit. I dislike them both, but I keep telling myself I'll eat them cause "they're good for me". So I buy them and then can't force myself to eat them.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 6 months ago

Garlic heads, salad greens, onions are typically wasted if they’re not prepped in advance to save or store for weekly use, or buying less.

• 6 months ago

Bread. I get a specific type of sourdough, whole grain bread from Trader Joe’s. It keeps in the fridge for up to 3 weeks, but I don’t eat much bread so I’m usually tossing at least half the loaf.

• Suggestion: Don't put bread in the refrigerator. It dries the bread out. Put it in the freezer.

• denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Maybe its the jars of spices, you buy something specific for a recipe then it doesnt get used up.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

Buy pasata and braed and eggs.

• 6 months ago

Lettuce. I buy it for hamburgers, BLT, maybe even salad but then I don't need these heads of lettuce bigger than my actual head and if I'm that lucky, I manage to make a sad, soggy salad out of the last of it if not throw it out.

• 6 months ago

Leftovers that don't get eaten, and it's not very often.

• C
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Parsley if I'm completely honest. It just won't grow in my garden so I have to buy it. I always buy more than I need with the noble intention to chop and freeze the rest. About 60% of the time I do just that, but that's not a great success rate. I just can't motivate myself when it comes to parsley.

• 6 months ago

Broccoli or Potatoes. We always buy too many to use before some go bad.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Bread, spoils the fastest.

• Suggestion: Don't put bread in the refrigerator. It dries the bread out. Put it in the freezer. It could last up to 6 months if stored well.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.