Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 12 months ago

Is this domestic violence?

Me and my boyfriend do fight a lot. I will say we do love each other. But one time he pulled my hair so hard it made my neck pop in three different places. I was so mad and was gonna leave him but I feel like he always makes me feel like I’m going crazy or over reacting the situation. The other night we were in a fight and he wraps his hands around my neck and pushes not chocking me but putting a little pressure. He then again said I was over reacting and lying. Is this domestic violence?

Yes, it is. It's actually not "normal" to fight and yank and choke on people you "love". I think that something happened in both of your childhoods or later life that got that mixed up for you.

Do not allow HIM to decide how much physical abuse you should tolerate! That's just nuts.

• Steve

Your reaction to violence toward you should be to leave. And it wouldn’t be overreacting. Getting physically violent is the overreacting, regardless of who’s doing it.

You’re going to get hurt if you tolerate it from him.

That's not love It's bullying.

I knew a woman killed by her husband after a long history of that sort of behaviour. Look for a local women's shelter on the hot line or call the local police on the non-urgent line and ask them to find a shelter for you.

Now.

• Sandy

Of course it's domestic violence.

And the classic way for an abuser to react is to lie and/or say you brought it on yourself.

Get out of the relationship, file charges, and get restraining order - you're going to need it.

People who "love each other" don't treat other people that way.

Yes. Once he puts his hands on you and hurts u it’s violence.,

Let’s say if he did that out in public to a person he would be going to jail.

If you don't know there is something seriously wrong with you. You need to dump this manic before he puts you in hospital, or worse.