promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 8 months ago

A coyote ate my dog - Will it return for my other dog?

I left my dog outside all day, something I ve done before when I ve been on big outings and he s always been fine. I left out food for him and I thought it would be okay. He was a very old dog, (estimated to be 13-17, he was a rescue) and he barked at everything. He was going deaf and had cataracts. When I returned, he was dead, blood all over, barely anything left of him. This was very traumatic, but it makes me worry about my nine month old aussie-doodle. She loves to be outside at night, but I am very concerned if another coyote could come back and attack her? Does anyone know anything about this?

22 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    7 months ago

When I was married my ex-wife had a cat that we both loved. The cat used to sit outside on the deck all summer long and other seasons of the year. My stupid ex-wife used to put food out for animals though. The food must’ve attracted a coyote because one day the cat just disappeared and we didn’t know what happened. Couple of days later a real ugly coyote came into the yard, obviously the same one which had killed the cat. So it did come back. Apparently they do come back to areas where they have successfully hunted food before. Read that pinwheels keep them away but wouldn’t chance it and if there’s no wind to spin the pinwheel? Horrible way to die, I’ve heard that they often drag the cats away still alive and rip them apart in their dens to feed their young. I loved that cat, she was such a peaceful nice cat. Wouldn’t even bother a bird or squirrel. I used to lie down and she would plop down on my chest and rub my beard with her face. Sorry to hear about your dog. Makes me sick.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

probably so, keep the dog inside.

• 8 months ago

I don't really believe you... But if this is true, it might come back. I suggest keeping your other dog inside

• 8 months ago

It sure could, keep your dog indoors, it could be a Mountain Lion also, set some traps, care the Department of ?Fish and Game and report this. Set some trail cameras, I wouldn't tolerate that.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

why is your dog not on a leash ? have you learned your lesson yet?

• Ocimom
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Yes its likely stray animals or wild animals could come back and hurt your other dog or kill it. If it was a coyote, they usually just take the body away - more likely your old dog got attacked by other stray dogs, not a coyote. Keep your dogs inside if you are not home and keep them in at night.

• patty
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

give the coyote time to digest the first one

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

No such thing as an "aussie-doodle" But you're obviously a trolladoodle.

• AnImAlLoVeR8 months agoReport

There is. Google "Aussie x doodle" blue troll

• 8 months ago

You are either totally irresponsible or just another troll. Your pick.

If this is true, keep the other dog inside!

Attachment image
  • 8 months ago

Yes its highly likely that it will.................

Attachment image
    Source(s): Shepherd and Wolfdog owner
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.