Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 11 months ago

How do I stop this?

I keep telling myself that tomorrow I will change and be a better person. When tomorrow comes, I say the next day. How do I actually do it? I'm going to waste my life I feel.

Nothing in life is a sure bet and nothing is guaranteed to you because you are alive... aside from death. Do as you see fit at the time. Some time it will work out, some times it wont. Life will go on and you can learn from you mistakes to be come a wiser and better person. It will not happen over night, life can be slow, enjoy it while you can.

It's not a bad motto to say every day I will be better.

With God's help we can make changes. By ourselves we are limited. Our willpower is not strong enough. We make resolutions and promises and end up worse off than before. We feel guilty to begin with and just add more stress to the situation. Some people convince themselves that they're better, but they're really more selfish. They make improvements to their own life at the expense of helping others.

The answer is God. He created us and he knows us. Only he can satisfy us. Only he can forgive us for our sins. He did this by offering his son Jesus as a sacrifice for all mankind. When we turn to him out sins are forgiven and we become a new creation. God begins to empower our spirit to know his will and to do good things. Without his Spirit even our best efforts will not be good enough. There is so much temptation in the world. It's impossible to even be sure what course of action is the right one. We need supernatural guidance. That's why God gives us the Holy Spirit. Pray to receive the Holy Spirit and believe in Jesus for forgiveness and I guarantee you will see amazing changes in your life! I will pray for you and ask God to help get through this time in your life. Psychology is good too, but God is the most important. Guilt is something we all deal with and psychologists agree that it is a huge problem for people, and keeps them stuck. When Jesus forgives us, guilt is conquered and we can grow into the people he made us to be.

Change comes slowly. You do have to work at it. All during the week, remind yourself to work on what you want to change. If it is something that is aggravating to others, when you realize you have done it, apologize to the person or people. That will help you change. When the weekend comes, take some time alone just to reflect back over the week and what you have done. Yes, some of it may be embarrassing and frustrating, but take it as things you still need to improve. You may even spot some improvement over the span of the week. Once a month, celebrate the improvements you have made, no matter how small.

By the way, Joe is right.

Hey what do you like to do with your life on your time

Stop dwelling on yourself. Go outside. Join a volunteer group. Help people. Help animals. Make friends. Be a positive force in this world. Leave it a better place than you found it. Any other questions ?

every day I say tomorrow, I'm going to be a better person. but really, I'm okay. and so are you dear. it's just I'd like to stick to good habits I know I should have. we can do it. it just takes time, sheer determination.

Recognize that some people are failures in life.

You just stop saying it.

It's a saying which has nothing to do with life.

It's bogus.

• Rick

I have some retired military friends who are REAL GOOD at motivating you ...

Source(s): Retired ARMY SFC.