promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceSmall Business · 9 months ago

Who verifies license certificates for small business?

I will be purchasing a small business. Who do I hire to verify whether the certificates and licences are valid and authentic?

An accountant? A lawyer? Who?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

License verifier.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

They are issued by the city or state government

When you buy an existing business you are required to get new licenses in your name. The licenses are not transferable

• 9 months ago

You have to get complete new licenses when you take control of the business. The licenses are not transferable..only the business name, assets; lease and bank accounts are transferable in the USA.

• 9 months ago

You ask the licensing division of the state the business is in. {Should be a quick call or letter.}

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

What licenses and certificates are you referring to?

Many licenses and certificates are issued to individuals and others are issued to businesses. Most are not transferable.

Generally speaking, when you buy a business you and your employees will need to demonstrate that you qualify for your own licenses and certifications.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

nobody. You get on the phone with the state, county & city.

• 9 months ago

Your best bet is to call the issuing authority.

They can also tell you if the licenses are transferable or you would have to apply again.

Years ago, a restaurant in a mall I worked at got in trouble with the city. The business had changed owners but no one realized that liquor licenses here can't be just transferred from one owner to another. Effectively, the business had been serving alcohol without a license for a few weeks.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.