Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 9 months ago

What if I scare all the animals away while people are hunting?

Can I scare animals in the woods with firecrackers and such to scare away the animals? I am not against hunting I just want to annoy some people who are hunting.

What if I drive top speed on a quad through the woods and scare the crap out of all the animals?

I wouldn't be trespassing its public land you idiot

But PETA does it. Doesn't that make it ok?

Whatever, I guess I will just do something productive in my life in staid, like reading and writing reddit posts about anti hunting

In many states that is illegal. IMHO it is kind of dumb to annoy people with guns, they might accidentally mistake you for a deer.

Depending on state laws, interference with small game hunting would be a misdemeaner, maybe 30 days in jail, $500.00 fine. Migratory bird hunt interference gets federal charges, you might end up with 6 months detention, $1000.00 to $5000.00 fine and court costs. Big game interference like Deer hunters spooked-- PETA guy got 2 years prison/5 years probation and couple thousand fine plus about same court costs, some added charges for the video distribution. There have been at least 5 PETA or other protestors shot while committing felony interference of licensed hunts prior to 2015 last figures available. Couple people locally got pointy sticks with tail feathers in their hind ends during archery season in past years--and got fined as well. In all those cases hunters were not charged since they were 'Victims' and couple hunters did civil suits against their attackers and group they claimed to be part of. Indiana(?) case the protester was sent to mental confinement for observation and testing by order of court- judge noted anybody trying to disturb hunters with firearms must be crazy- so order mental check at his expense as alternative to felony charge processing right away. Final plea was misdemeanor, loss of drivers license and maybe banned from state forest lands, park system.

• Mr.357

In at least some states (mostly free states) that would be illegal and hopefully you would end up in jail.

Can't speak to other States, but in Pennsylvania you will be charged with interfering with a hunt. If you're on State game lands, or private property, very likely you'll be charged with defiant trespass.

Your plan of action is beyond the pale, its dangerous, and it is decidedly illegal.

You can't see that you have the mind set terrorists have. If you were to do this imagine how it would scare a young hunter and make them hate you. You also claim to care about animals yet you want to terrorise them with a quad. How does that make sense? And just like a terrorist you want to force your way on others with no concern about them, their safety or any mental trauma you cause.

If you dislike hunting then there are legal ways to express your beliefs through legal channels without resorting to terror tactics. PETA has committed crimes that caused members to be arrested sent to jail being convicted of crimes. In fact some environmental groups are listed as terrorists by the federal government.

You really do have mental problems and need to seek a mental health professional. Its clear you have a antisocial disorder and here is a description of that;

"Antisocial personality disorder is a mental condition in which a person has a long-term pattern of manipulating, exploiting, or violating the rights of others without any remorse. This behavior may cause problems in relationships or at work and is often criminal."

Thats you right there!

• BBean

Wow, I wish I had said that!

So you want to p1ss off a bunch of armed people....

Right ?

If you are located and identified you will be arrested! I understand you may not like hunting but it is illegal to interfere with hunting.

• Rick

You are the idiot. What you are proposing to do through any of the methods in your post or updates is criminal activity and if you are caught you will be prosecuted.

• Alex

Think about that for a minute.

These are people going into the woods. Far enough that they're not likely to risk hurting anyone with the weapons they're carrying to kill the animals with.

Do you want to be deep into the woods where someone could shoot you and claim that you were a tragic hunting accident?

• Robin

they will be there legally and you will be trespassing. You will arrested and they will sue you. They have a risk-assessment and you do not - you are illegal. Any scared animals going into the road causing any accidents are your responsibility including any fatalities. you could go to jail for a long time