Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinancePersonal Finance · 3 months ago

What income would a couple need if:?

- They want to go on holiday twice a year.

- They want to have/raise 2 kids.

- They want to live in/own a house worth 400k+ usd.

- Have enough money left over to have a decent sized savings and enough for retirement.

Thanks!

I know it's a tough question to ask because there are a lot of variables (different states are more expensive, etc) so I'm just wondering about an average ballpark here, just to have something to work with. Is 90k enough?

200k sounds about right! I meant 90k each. Haha, of course no gambling or anything like that. When I say 2 holidays a year I mean one abroad and one not.

• RICK

We raised 3 kids, our home only cost $50,000 but worth $180,000 today but we also have 2 vacation homes abroad and we never earned more then $80,000

Impossible to estimate. I would need to see your income statement and balance sheet. Also what kind of holiday (vacation) do you plan? What will it cost?

Do they smoke, drink, gamble ?? 200k - 300k per year.

Source(s): Thanks to inflation my house is worth 400k.

#100,000 per person.

• Judy

Varies, since a holiday can be 3 weeks in Paris or a camping trip at a nearby state park, and the house depends on what they have for a down payment. But figure in 6 figures, over 100,000 a year.

you need about 400 K a year .

Given the expense of the house, the vacation requirements, the retirement needs and the kids, probably around $250K - $350K per year. My husband and I are quite comfortable on around $160K per year, have the ability to take 2-3 vacations per year and have plenty saved for retirement.

But our house cost $110K (it's 1000 square feet with one bathroom in a neighborhood that was pretty sketchy when we moved in and has one of the worst school systems in the state), we have no children and only one car and depend upon public transportation for most of our needs.

$90k a year for a couple with 2 kids = broke.