Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 9 months ago

Have you ever had an experience like God is speaking to you? If so, what happened?

Favorite Answer

No. I don't hallucinate.

• Nowpower

You can't really know you don't hallucinate. That's exactly what people who hallucinate think.:D

• Paul

He speaks to me often, not through my ears but through my mind, heart and soul.

Nope.........................................

• Rayal

No nothing like that ever happened to me.

God is too busy with his celestial activities that we can't even begin to imagine to engage in speaking with humans. People can communicate with spirits though (angels)

I think it was just me. It sounded like God, but it was telling me I didn't need help, to take another look. Which I did because I'd been desperately praying for help and this answer was surprising.

And when I looked, I saw it was true. I saw everything all at once in every direction in all time. I saw nothing that wasn't me. I saw I had nothing to fear.

That was 46 years ago. It is sufficient.

• Anonymous9 months agoReport

Sound like your guide

Audible voices? Not so much. But communion with the divine, in my own way? Which is more like a state of being, than anything else? Definitely. <3

Then again, I'm into some pretty heavy, powerful stuff, though.. Just returning from this weekend's Peyote + sweat lodge ceremony retreat, run by a family of Mexican shamans. And.. do I recommend this kind of thing, for people who want a truly life changing, mind / reality shattering spiritual experience? Well.. HELL yes!! It's some incredibly beautiful, sacred, deeply healing stuff! Just.. too bad that most Westerners don't have access to it. And that our societies even tried to rob us of these experiences, and control our minds, by outlawing them! Just.. too bad they can't prevent people like me from seeking it out, anyway. :)

No I've never had that experience in my life but I will admit when I was younger I heard voices of someone calling my name.

Source(s): I am nineteen.

I've heard that still, small voice in the back of my head, and it actually guided me to something I wanted. However, I have since discovered that voice works completely on command, which I wouldn't expect from a god.

• Nancy

1) Yes, I have.

2) I woke up.

I do have schizophrenia but not at the level of hearing voices