Calling all women that underwent a hysterectomy w removal of ovaries, pls tell me how your recovery went and if you take any hormone...?

Replacement therapy?

I had a complete hysterectomy (with removal of ovaries) about eight years ago. My surgery was done vaginally, so there was none of the abdominal surgery that used to make recovering from a hysterectomy so difficult. My surgery was done on a Monday and I went home the next day. I took pain pills for two days and then I was fine afterwards. (I think I was restricted from driving or lifting heavy weights for a couple of weeks, but I really don't remember.) I was grateful that it was such an easy recovery, especially since it used to be so traumatic for women when they had the abdominal surgery years ago. I do not take any hormones; my internist recommended against it.

• Lili

The abdominal surgery is still regularly being used, since the vaginal surgery isn't possible for everyone -- as, for example, as it was in my case, when cancer is suspected. However, as I said in my post, I recovered from it quickly. It wasn't as big a deal as some people I knew made it out to be.

• Pippin

You're probably better off asking this in woman's health. Not only will you get more readers and answers, butyou'll be less likely to be attacked by (and have your question moved to mental health by) a certain very angry and bitter troll.

• ❤Omg tell me about it😭
      He's my worst nightmare🤦