promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

am i a fool for wearing black clothing constantly?

for years, ive gone around just wearing black hoodies, black jeans, because i don't have much confidence in wearing other colours and would feel self conscious about wearing other colours....so ive gone around just wearing black, black t shirts as well...but also the reason is i'm into medieval subjects, factual and fantasy, and ive modeled myself like the 'black knight' from medieval fantasy and monty python? so sort of acting out a role.

but, i don't want to be a fool, and be scared to wear other colours because of the fear of what others think, allowing myself to be controlled.

so what should i do? should i not care what people think or be self conscious and continue to wear my black clothes? or should i be brave, take the risk and wear other colours even if, i'm not used to it, and worry i might not suit them?it's just i don't feel used to wearing different colours, so ive hardly ever done it.

about me; i'm aged 41, male, white with an olive complexion and are bald.

21 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

Try transitioning to dark blue

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

But here you are NOW, worrying about what other people think. If you're already worrying about what people think when you wear only black, how will it be different from worrying about what people think if you wear a colour?

Look, nobody says you've got to stop wearing black altogether and break out into a rainbow. But why not try a dark green t-shirt with your black jeans, hoodie etc? If nobody screams or calls the police you could try dark green jeans. Depending on what YOU think, try a brighter colour, or go back to all black, or WHATEVER.

Nobody cares, and neither should you.

• 9 months ago

Nope not at all! I wear black all the time and I just love it because it's a great color that goes well with anything and it looks good on everyone!!

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

No, ur not a fool..wear whatever color you like...

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

No, you might look gloomy, though. Faded black is out.

• 9 months ago

Im the same. Sometimes i mix it up and wear dark grey, or a bit of dark colour. I say wear what makes you comfy

• 9 months ago

outside of work you can wear what the hell you like, weather it's 1819, or 1919, or 2019. you wear you want! and that goes to everyone. it's always been that way. always will be :)

• 9 months ago

Of course you shouldn't be afraid of what others think but you could consider spicing things up a bit. maybe add a bit of color here and there (maybe red?)

• 9 months ago

If you like all black, wear all black. If not, Add a splash of color and see how that makes you feel.

• 9 months ago

Wear what you're comfortable wearing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.