Am i a fool for wearing black clothing constantly?

for years, ive gone around just wearing black hoodies, black jeans, because i don't have much confidence in wearing other colours and would feel self conscious about wearing other colours....so ive gone around just wearing black, black t shirts as well...but also the reason is i'm into medieval subjects,... show more for years, ive gone around just wearing black hoodies, black jeans, because i don't have much confidence in wearing other colours and would feel self conscious about wearing other colours....so ive gone around just wearing black, black t shirts as well...but also the reason is i'm into medieval subjects, factual and fantasy, and ive modeled myself like the 'black knight' from medieval fantasy and monty python? so sort of acting out a role.

but, i don't want to be a fool, and be scared to wear other colours because of the fear of what others think, allowing myself to be controlled.

so what should i do? should i not care what people think or be self conscious and continue to wear my black clothes? or should i be brave, take the risk and wear other colours even if, i'm not used to it, and worry i might not suit them?it's just i don't feel used to wearing different colours, so ive hardly ever done it.

about me; i'm aged 41, male, white with an olive complexion and are bald.