Layne
Lv 5
Layne asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 10 months ago

f you are combative during a Tonic-Clonic Seizure is it policy to handcuff a seizing person?

It happened to me.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

if someone is combative and out of control? maybe easier to just back away a little

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Layne
    Lv 5
    10 months ago

To the point and absolutely correct.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

A person cannot be combative during a seizure, since she is not in control of her body or mind at the time.

If the person having the seizure is moving around in a way that might harm her, or those around her, it would be the responsibility of those around her to do what is necessary to prevent harm.

Having said that --- last week you were apparently stripped naked by the police after an accident, (or least seemed to think it a common procedure) and now you were handcuffed during a seizure. Perhaps it's time to be talking to your therapist (you say you are Bipolar and have OCD and various rare physical disorders as well) about your fantasies about being abused by people in authority.

• ...Show all comments
    • Layne
      Lv 5
      10 months agoReport

I had a shopping cart and stumbled and get moved on. The second jerk was the knock out punch. I asked someone (who was not there) did they see that. I was seizing for 45 minutes! That is long by seizure standards. It is an emergency.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.