promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I need to move my wireless router. I was wondering If I unplug it for less than 5 minutes will I need to set up connection again?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 months ago
    Favorite Answer

it won't make any difference. Sort of like a power outage, it's set up to remember things when the power goes out. I unplugged my router to move and it was in storage for 6 months. When I plugged it back in, all the information was exactly as I had left it, both the SSID and password.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Steven
    Lv 4
    9 months ago

Firstly you have to restart the router and try to connect again, otherwise you have to discuss with networking service provider.

Attachment image
  • Roddy
    Lv 7
    10 months ago

No. It will take the router a few minutes to re-connect itself to your ISP and then your ethernet and wifi connections will work as before (assuming you are still within range of the wifi).

• Rick
    Lv 4
    10 months ago

There are now viruses that attack the software in your routers, so you SHOULD unplug them once a month or so so they load the NEWEST software available ............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    10 months ago

No matter - your devices remember the password to the router, not vice-versa.

• 10 months ago

Unplugging it will just cause it to reboot when plugged back in. Anything using it will automatically reconnect. I have had power failures with no problems.

• 10 months ago

Probably not, but hard to tell from no maker or model number.

Source(s): I swap routers now and then (one is VPN, one is not). Even after weeks off, the incoming one seems fine without setup.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.