Video Editing Questions?

I have a few questions about video editing... Currently pregnant with our second kid so I don t feel like I would have time for college (I m a full time mom). I do plan to go to school in a couple of years for video editing since I don t have a degree in anything. I ve been told different things about college when... show more I have a few questions about video editing...

Currently pregnant with our second kid so I don t feel like I would have time for college (I m a full time mom). I do plan to go to school in a couple of years for video editing since I don t have a degree in anything. I ve been told different things about college when it comes to video editing. Like, if "You re a good enough editor you don t need a college degree" and "Some companies require a degree". I love video editing, but I know I need more training and guidance in editing before I could feel confortable working for a company.

1) Should I get a degree? If not, what about being certified?

2) If I should get a degree, what college should I go to? Which one would you recommend? Keep in mind I would need it to be online since I ll be busy with 2 kids. My husband can watch the kids, but he works full time so it will be difficult.

3) Not to sound ignorant, but what degree should I get? Media production degree? Not sure of the name of the type of degree.

Seriously, any advice would be appreciated! Please no bashing! I m just a mom trying to get into a career she loves. Thanks in advance!
0