Riley asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

What kind of dog should i get?

I have no experience owning dogs. I want something the size of a lab or bigger.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 6 months ago

If you don't have any experience owning a dog, a Lab or a Golden Retriever would be a good choice. They are friendly, train easily as long as their owner is consistent, and there is plenty of material available in print and online to help an owner with any question they may have about bringing up Retriever. You should have a fenced yard and be willing to take your dog on walks, because they are an active breed. They are also prone to obesity if overfed (and they love food!) But they are loveable, great family pets....and also, surprisingly good watch dogs. Consider adopting a lab/retriever from a rescue group. You'll get a dog that has many of his or her puppy problems outgrown, but still has lots life left and of love to give.

• Login to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

How odd, Riley, that you've posted numerous times about YOUR THREE DOGS. Asked nine times: "Would a rottweiler do well in a multidog home? I have 3 dogs, a husky, german shepherd, and a collie. Would getting a rott be a bad idea?"

You are a child. You cannot own animals, even imaginary ones.

When you troll it helps to have a good memory.

• ...Show all comments
    • Anna
      Lv 5
      6 months agoReport

Riley well which is it? Do you have 3 dogs or have you never owned a dog before?

• 6 months ago

you shouldnt yet as you need to learn a great deal about dogs and their needs and requirements before you acquire one.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Labradors and Golden Retreivers are good starter large breeds for novice owners. They do shed heavy and do require an active owner though.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edwena
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Go to the dog pound and look around. Take your time and you will eventually find a dog that picks you and that you pick.

• 6 months ago

just get a horse..........

• 6 months ago

Get a goddamn bear.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.