Fazle asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 6 months ago

Is a 46-inch waist size bad?

I am 5'9 not very fat, nor obese. Just slightly overweight. My shoulders are 22 inches and hips at 42 inches. My questions is that is a 46-inch waist bad? I used to be super fat, weighing 240, now 189. Is this healthy, I just eat lean meats, veggies and water all day... So, I am on a diet.

• k w

it's in the food you eat. just like we all need to filter the water we drink and shower with, we need to start eyeballin the labels, looking for clues to dyes, preservatives, antibiotics , GMO's , deceptive names that mean something else...[ foodbabe dot com ] has done the work, her book of the same name will help guide you thru the minefield of obvious and hidden things that are NOT HEALTHY. it is a jungle out there

According to your BMI, you are still overweight. But you aren't that high over average. So not really.

I am 5'11" and my waist is 32". Perhaps you need more exercise.

I cannot answer this question as I am not American. If you give me measurements appropriate to 21 century, measurements which weren't made up of mixing letters and numbers in a blender, I may answer it.