Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 4 months ago

Do you think Uber is too expensive?

I do. I took a 20 minute Uber ride and it cost me 30 dollars. It is insane! I will never use Uber again

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

That's one of the reasons I never use ridesharing services. I prefer my own car. The upfront cost of my car might be higher, but I'm pretty sure that spending $30 on rides often will very quickly add up. It might eventually make more financial sense to drive your own car vs using Uber.

• Erik
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

Honestly, I've never used Uber so I don't know if it's too expensive or not.

• Toruko
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

Most US Citizens ignore Uber. Its okay to take

a lesson about Uber expense if it is shared with

everyone who did not step up for an education..

• zipper
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

HAY: were I live a taxi ride is $150. for a 15 minute ride. Also the person is paying for insurance, gas and using their personal car for your benefit. GROW UP!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    4 months ago

An Uber driver charges whatever he wants to charge.

• Edna
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

An Uber driver is an independent business man. He doesn't work for a "company" & he wasn't "hired".. He drives his own vehicle & pays for his own insurance and for his gas & oil. There is no "set fee" for a trip. He can charge whatever he wants to charge.

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Uber rates are higher [sometimes double] during times of peak demand in busy areas. It's your fault for not knowing this

• 4 months ago

Taxis are expensive too, but you're not going to get on demand, door to door service at odd hours from a $2.75 city bus. In Seattle the city sets taxi fares at $2.60 to climb in, $2.70 per mile, and $0.50 per minute when not moving.

• 4 months ago

YES WHY ARE THERE less yellow taxis around

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Cough, you know the price when you tell the app to send the Uber to you. You have no grounds for being upset when you could have said "no" before agreeing to the ride.

Self-entitled twit.

• 4 months ago

I've never used it, but that doesn't too outrageous to me. Owning a car is expensive, as are taxis. Walking that distance is not an attractive option, either.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.