Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 4 months ago

Do you think Uber is too expensive?

I do. I took a 20 minute Uber ride and it cost me 30 dollars. It is insane! I will never use Uber again

Favorite Answer

That's one of the reasons I never use ridesharing services. I prefer my own car. The upfront cost of my car might be higher, but I'm pretty sure that spending $30 on rides often will very quickly add up. It might eventually make more financial sense to drive your own car vs using Uber.

• Erik

Honestly, I've never used Uber so I don't know if it's too expensive or not.

• Toruko

Most US Citizens ignore Uber. Its okay to take

a lesson about Uber expense if it is shared with

everyone who did not step up for an education..

• zipper

HAY: were I live a taxi ride is $150. for a 15 minute ride. Also the person is paying for insurance, gas and using their personal car for your benefit. GROW UP!

• Edna

An Uber driver charges whatever he wants to charge.

• Edna

An Uber driver is an independent business man. He doesn't work for a "company" & he wasn't "hired".. He drives his own vehicle & pays for his own insurance and for his gas & oil. There is no "set fee" for a trip. He can charge whatever he wants to charge.

Uber rates are higher [sometimes double] during times of peak demand in busy areas. It's your fault for not knowing this

Taxis are expensive too, but you're not going to get on demand, door to door service at odd hours from a $2.75 city bus. In Seattle the city sets taxi fares at $2.60 to climb in, $2.70 per mile, and $0.50 per minute when not moving.

YES WHY ARE THERE less yellow taxis around

Cough, you know the price when you tell the app to send the Uber to you. You have no grounds for being upset when you could have said "no" before agreeing to the ride.

Self-entitled twit.

I've never used it, but that doesn't too outrageous to me. Owning a car is expensive, as are taxis. Walking that distance is not an attractive option, either.