David asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 6 months ago

I used to fry garlic in olive oil and then drench spaghetti in it but it gave me heartburn. How can I do something similar?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • denise
    Lv 7
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Roasting garlic makes it slightly more palatable and It has a sweeter taste, garlic thats 'over' fried tends to be bitter to the taste.

Or you could use garlic salt / powder to season your spaghetti.

• Login to reply the answers
  • 5 months ago

it might be all of that fat in the grease.

it is probably making your gall-bladder do flip-flops.

What organs help digest fatty foods?

"Your pancreas makes a digestive juice that has enzymes that break down carbohydrates, fats, and proteins. The pancreas delivers the digestive juice to the small intestine through small tubes called ducts. Liver. Your liver makes a digestive juice called bile that helps digest fats and some vitamins."

i have practiced spaghetti recipes all of my life, and suggest that you go online and read a couple .

use tomato sauce, 1/2 chopped onion, chopped two garlic cloves, 1- whole anchovy, 1- teaspoon dried basil, 1/3 teaspoon oregano, 1/8 teaspoon of chopped fennel seed, 2-cans 8-ounce tomato sauce, sprinkle black pepper; start sauteing the onion, then add the garlic after 4-minutes, add the anchovy after 1-minute; next add the tomato sauce, and when you have stirred all of this together, add the black pepper, the basil and oregano; then, simmer for another 5-minutes at a medium low heat.

when you have pasta cooked, serve with the sauce, and cover heavily with grated parmesan cheese, or grated romano cheese. if you like, have a piece of tasted bread with your meal.

i like spaghetti and this is a good meatless recipe, i think.

Source(s): no one likes my cooking, but me.
  • 6 months ago

Too much oil and garlic. Cut back on the amounts you use

• 6 months ago

You are probably using too much oil and possibly burning the garlic. Garlic is VERY easy to burn and gets bitter when it’s burned.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 6 months ago

roast the garlic in the oil in the oven--pour off oil---mix pasta with roasted garlic.?

• 6 months ago

Try onions rather than garlic; otherwise, all the same.

• Cara
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

You were probably simply eating too much of it. Cut down the portion size and have salads and apples alongside.

• 6 months ago

You could try putting a little garlic powder in the spaghetti instead.

• Lolly
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Add something digestible such as broccoli or green salad and some crusty bread. A rounded dinner may prevent the heartburn.

• 6 months ago

You could try butter but it would probably be the same

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.