Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 12 months ago

Christians, does John 14:9 mean that Jesus is the Father?

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father?

Favorite Answer

No it doesn't. We tend to imitate those whose personality and ways we admire. Of all the humans who have walked the earth, no one is more worthy of imitation than Jesus Christ. We might well ask, Why is that?

Jesus himself once said: "Whoever has seen me has seen the father also."

Jesus reflects his fathers personality so perfectly that observing the son is like seeing the father.

Rather like us saying of a young boy,"He's his fathers double".

When you consider what Philipians 2:5,6 says, we cannot conclude that John 14:9 is saying that Jesus is the father. It says : Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Christ Jesus, who, although he was existing in God's form, gave no consideration to a seizure. namely, that he should be equal to God."

Yeshua was representing the Father.

Nope. It seems to say that, doesn't it? You will probably get lots of snide answers from "Christians" informing you that Jesus is God.

But in context, the Bible tells a different story. Dozens of scriptures show the separateness of and distinctions between God and Jesus Christ. To put it in a nutshell, the New Testament makes three foundational claims about Jesus Christ.

1. He is Jehovah incarnate, but not the God he worships and prays to.

2. He is the creation of God. Let's see anybody create himself.

3. He is the begotten son of God.

• BJ

Absolutely not.

Jesus, responding to a question by Thomas, said: “If you men had known me, you would have known my Father also; from this moment on you know him and have seen him,” and, in answer to a question from Philip, Jesus added: “He that has seen me has seen the Father also.”

Jesus’ following explanation shows that this was so because he faithfully represented his Father, spoke the Father’s words, and did the Father’s works. Joh 14:10, 11

It was on this same occasion, the night of his death, that Jesus said to these very disciples: “The Father is greater than I am.” John 14:28

Not any more than John 17 does.

• John 14, it is quite clear! Jesus said: whoever has seen me has seen the Father, using the same person, of the Deity of God!

Father, Son, Holy Spirit! Three equal and distinct persons form the Deity of God!

• User

No.

Point: nearly all Christians believe that Jesus is NOT the Father.

The only group I know that believes that Jesus *is* the Father are Oneness Pentecostals.

NO! There are 250 place just in the New Testament that state that Jesus is Not GOD!

Also at the beginning of Genesis the Bible states that Jesus got to be the Christ because he is the only one of GOD's Angels that had Never sinned in Heaven!