promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Jerome
Lv 6
Jerome asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 9 months ago

Who exactly were the "sea peoples" who were enemies of the ANCIENT Egyptians before BIBILICAL times?

And why is so little is known about these peoples?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Unknown. The so-called Sea Peoples, whose origins, perhaps from different parts of the Mediterranean such as the Black Sea, the Aegean and Anatolian regions, remain obscured.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • blu
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

"The Sea Peoples are a purported seafaring confederation that attacked ancient Egypt and other regions of the East Mediterranean prior to and during the Late Bronze Age collapse (1200–900 BCE).[1][2].

Their origins undocumented, the various Sea Peoples have been proposed to have originated from places that include western Asia Minor, the Aegean, the Mediterranean islands and Southern Europe.[5]"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sea_Peoples

The more ancient the history, the less likelihood to learn about them.

• Lv 6
    9 months ago

i think they maybe were Scandinavians, early "Vikings" who interbred with the Greeks and gave them their "Aryan" genetics maybe

• 9 months ago

The citizens of Thera (Minoans). This is actually more like Biblical times, but pre-Exodus and possibly up to Exodus. Some speculate that many of the plagues of Egypt were the result of the eruption that destroyed their major city on Thera.

• You say this as if you KNOW it's a fact. The Thera eruption is dated almost half a millennium before the time of the Sea Peoples.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Ludwig
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

Believed to have come from places like Sicily and some Greek islands.

• 9 months ago

I believe that most historians theorized that the Sea people were some form of Proto-Greeks and other peoples on the Greek and Italian lands.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I don’t understand why you don’t read an article online, Fishface. This came up first result when I googled “the Sea Peoples”: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ancient.eu/amp/1-...

@Jerome- Sorry about that, I’m on my phone and Y!A doesn’t let me see peoples’ profiles in that format. I assumed it was Fishface because (s)he usually asks similarly inane questions. Anyway, why would you come to Yahoo Answers of all places to verify the accuracy of a vetted and credible encyclopedic resource?

@Emothic- I'm pretty sure I am on the web version. I'm not using an app version. I don't see a three dot menu bar anywhere.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.