Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 12 months ago

whats your fave way to cook steak?

I rub the steak with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and fresh ground pepper.

Then, in a cast iron pan, I cook the steak about 4 to 5 minutes on each side (medium rare), depending on how thick the steak is. Remove the steak to a plate, cover and let set for about 5 minutes. While the pan is still hot: I sautee mushrooms, red peppers, sweet onions and a touch of garlic and some green pepper corns until heated through but not cooked so much that they are mushy. Then, deglaze the pan with some red wine. Delish next to the steak.

soyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

• Betty

Grilled....medium rare.............

Grilled with charcoal is always the best to me: medium rare to medium.

Season it with McCormick Montreal Steak seasoning, and let sit in the fridge for four days. Add a little garlic/chive compound butter and seal it in a plastic bag. Let cook in an immersion circulator bath for two hours or more.

Heat a cast iron skillet until red in the center (OUTSIDE IS BEST).

Put a bit of oil in the skillet, and sear the steak(s) until they brown.

Serve with more compound butter.

Bask in the reviews.

Favorite way to cook steak:

Choosing your meat

Seasoning

Searing

Testing doneness

Slicing

Please Try these step them out and let me know how it goes.

• denise

Cooked on a griddle to give a good sear / crust on it, I have it medium well, preferably 'Rib eye'.

I don't cook steak since I don't really know how, but I grew up in a religion that is really strict about how meat is prepared... until I learned one day that they don't really care if it's kinda pink...

To that day I hated steak... it felt like someone had cut the sleeve off a leather jacket, put some A1 on it, and expected you to like it...

One day I finally had one that was soft and not so endlessly chewy... and finally liked it.

I know there is a fine line between having a preferred steak taste and... possible foodborne illness if something is not cooked enough... but yeah.

Grilled over charcoal.

Medium rare to medium.