My wife is such an angry person should I ask for a divorce?

2 years ago my wife and I moved 16 hours from friends and family for my job. The area we are in has very limited job opportunities and we knew that when moving here. Almost everything here is retail, restaurant, or seasonal work. My wife has been struggling for 2 years now to find full time work and is currently... show more 2 years ago my wife and I moved 16 hours from friends and family for my job. The area we are in has very limited job opportunities and we knew that when moving here. Almost everything here is retail, restaurant, or seasonal work. My wife has been struggling for 2 years now to find full time work and is currently working 3 retail jobs to help us get by. She’s become a very angry person. She screams at me constantly, tells me she can’t do this anymore, cries all the time. We haven’t had sex in 8 months. She won’t sleep in the same bed as me. She wants me to quit my job and the two of us move without work to a new area. I love living by the beach. I love my job and I’m getting a promotion in the next 2 months which should help us with income. I don’t want to leave this area I’m happy here. We have a really nice home that is completely paid off so we have no mortgage to worry about. Before anyone suggests my wife go back to school she has a bachelors and masters degree. Going back to school is not financially an option for us. I’m considering asking for a divorce. She’s such an angry person and it’s becoming abusive at this point. I’ve never seen her act like this in the 9 years we’ve been married.

Can anyone offer me some advice on what to do?
8 answers 8