Hollow knocking noise when accelerating?

I have a 2015 Jeep Patriot with 65,000 miles. Regular oil changes have been taken care of with it, and over the last few months, it has developed a hollow knocking noise (not metal on metal) only when I accelerate. It only does this when I am in drive. It won’t do it in idle, when I accelerate in neutral or in... show more I have a 2015 Jeep Patriot with 65,000 miles. Regular oil changes have been taken care of with it, and over the last few months, it has developed a hollow knocking noise (not metal on metal) only when I accelerate. It only does this when I am in drive. It won’t do it in idle, when I accelerate in neutral or in park. The spark plugs and engine mount has been changed in it. Two different mechanics have looked at it, and also stated the CV joints aren’t bad and also the wheel bearing isn’t. However, a month before it started making this noise, I hit a curb. My tire popped, and I had to get a new one put on. The rim was fine as well. I feel like this has something to do with it. When I accelerate, I can feel the vibrate from the knocking in my floor board. The knock speeds up as the speed increases, but it loses no horsepower, it never throws me forward, my wheel does shake, and my engine doesn’t lose oil. I am at a complete loss. Any help would he great. Both mechanics do not seem to think it’s the engine.
2 answers 2