Is the biggest problem with religion the simple fact that discussing religion "makes one sound stupid"?

I mean, seriously: read some of the answers posted here by the "truly faithful".

I see that the most you can manage is an appeal to ridicule. When will you atheists learn to use logic? No, that is no fact, so it can't be a problem with religion.

I notice that you are discussing religion. Does that make you sound stupid? Just asking.

Nope.........................................

• The greatest problem is with atheists, what does an atheist do in religion, if he is against God's creations?

Isn't it a waste of time for atheists to stay and discuss what they don't believe? God is there!

That is one of the problems, the main problem is its just ancient superstition and is ridiculous.

• Your main problem is the uncertainty of your life, what you say about ridicule is now on the newspaper page, you're out of the fun tunnel!

• no dear, that's simply what happens with atheists. You see dear, atheists miss the point of religion on purpose, and so therefore sound stupid when they talk of it.

Yep.

Because religion has SO MUCH GARBAGE attached to it that if I were to say "I am a believer"...I am automatically considered religious.

point being..if I believe in GOD.

Which would have logically come first....GOD? or RELIGION?

Is religion before GOD?

I think not.

• Jea

Agreed

I love it when you fulfill scripture.

Words written about YOU - yes you - 2000 years ago.... from a prison cell, no less:

1 Cor. 1:18

For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God. For it is written:

“I will destroy the wisdom of the wise;

the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.”

And...

"Blessed are you"..... do you hear that? I am BLESSED when you do this.... "when people insult you, persecute you, and falsely say all kinds of evil against you because of Me. 

Rejoice and celebrate, because great is your reward in heaven; for in the same way they persecuted the prophets before you."

See that?

Those words are still warm from my God's sweet lips. And so I rejoice! I am filled with joy!

Now... feel free to heap alllll the abuse you have stored up for Christians onto me; I can take it. ;)

Funny that you would think that we care what you think. Only one opinion counts: we are not out to impress anyone.... we have no fear of being unpopular.... we live our lives for an audience of One.

So go right ahead and knock yourself out.

Mock on mocker. Mock on.

Just remember this: you will have to give an account for every careless word.

And IMO, religion is a hot combination of philosophy, economics and law.

It's painful to see how many people take creationism so seriously here.

• Jea

Nope.

Following a religion does make one stupid.

What does it take to get an adult to pretend like that? They ain't stable, that's for sure.

• Luminous10 months agoReport

See my answer.