What can happen if someone keep a repossessed car?

I purchased a car in my girlfriend’s name and since I have had nothing but problems with it, I stopped making the payments. They have been trying to repossess it, but I have it in my garage so they can’t get it. The repo man stalks us and occasionally come on my property and look through the window of my garage. I... show more I purchased a car in my girlfriend’s name and since I have had nothing but problems with it, I stopped making the payments. They have been trying to repossess it, but I have it in my garage so they can’t get it. The repo man stalks us and occasionally come on my property and look through the window of my garage. I have placed another car in front of my garage in my driveway in case he gets any stupid ideas of breaking in. I have also blocked the window so he can no longer see inside. I have decided to sell it for parts now. The engine and transmission work fine, and the engine is 7k used and the transmission is 3k. I think I can sell all the parts and walk away with 20k and she will just have to take the hit on her credit.
11 answers 11