Annie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 12 months ago

Isn't Daniel Jones ready to lead NY Giants now? Why is the team hanging on to Eli? And how would you rate Jones alongside Haskins and Murray?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    12 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Because the Giants are a dumb organization. They are putting loyalty to aging QB who was never good to begin with over the future of their team.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

I think the New York Giants are buying into their hokey sentimental beliefs with Eli Manning than giving Daniel Jones opportunities to succeed as the starting QB and maybe Eli's eventual successor.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    12 months ago

Preseason means nothing

Look at well the young QBs who had good comes this weekend

Stick, Kelly, Peterman just to name a few, none of them are ready to start

• 12 months ago

I think that he is

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 12 months ago

How would anyone know if he's ready to play now?

I wouldn't rate him along the other guys who haven't played yet. Why would I?

Why are they hanging onto Eli? The same reason they've hung onto him for the last 7 years.

• 12 months ago

Jones has played well against 2nd and 3rd string defenders.

Hard to say he is ready to be a starter when he has yet to face a first line NFL defense in a game that actually means anything.

• 12 months ago

Because Eli has 2 super bowl rings, experience, and Daniel Jones hasn't done nothing but play well in irrelevant pre season

• 12 months ago

It's too early to compare the three. None of them are facing defenses that have game planned for them. He's still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but he has looked good.

• Anonymous
    12 months ago

NFL is stupid drama homosexual fodder

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.