Annie asked in SportsFootball (American) · 12 months ago

Isn't Daniel Jones ready to lead NY Giants now? Why is the team hanging on to Eli? And how would you rate Jones alongside Haskins and Murray?

Favorite Answer

Because the Giants are a dumb organization. They are putting loyalty to aging QB who was never good to begin with over the future of their team.

I think the New York Giants are buying into their hokey sentimental beliefs with Eli Manning than giving Daniel Jones opportunities to succeed as the starting QB and maybe Eli's eventual successor.

• RICK

Preseason means nothing

Look at well the young QBs who had good comes this weekend

Stick, Kelly, Peterman just to name a few, none of them are ready to start

I think that he is

How would anyone know if he's ready to play now?

I wouldn't rate him along the other guys who haven't played yet. Why would I?

Why are they hanging onto Eli? The same reason they've hung onto him for the last 7 years.

Jones has played well against 2nd and 3rd string defenders.

Hard to say he is ready to be a starter when he has yet to face a first line NFL defense in a game that actually means anything.

Because Eli has 2 super bowl rings, experience, and Daniel Jones hasn't done nothing but play well in irrelevant pre season

It's too early to compare the three. None of them are facing defenses that have game planned for them. He's still a rookie and will make rookie mistakes, but he has looked good.

NFL is stupid drama homosexual fodder