promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

How to quit my job?

I am a college student. This school year coming up is going to be hectic for me. I have all my major classes and on top of that a club I have to help run (which I didn't know I had to do this until recently...long story). At the beginning of the summer I started working for CVS and initially planned to work all summer and through the school year. As I am approaching this school year more things have come up which is going to make it even more difficult to juggle working and school (this would have been my first year to work during the school year). I am super stressed out already and classes haven't even started! Today is the last day I am going to be able to see my manager during a shift as I have been scheduled for closing shifts for the next week. The only other way that I am able to contact my manager is through text message. Should I just give my notice today, face to face while I am still able? Or try to juggle the work for the next week or so and then possibly have to give notice over the phone? Is there another way I should go about do this?

Thanks.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 5
    9 months ago

You need to give at least 2 weeks notice. You don't just tell them on your last day that you won't be coming in any more.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 months ago

If you are definitely planning to leave, any type of communication is acceptable anytime. As a gesture of good business be fair and remember you might be asking to work there again sometime. Be fair to yourself and loyal to the place you work.

• You should have let them know that you're a student and when you're planning on going back to school.

You can try asking them to reduce your hours, or go with part time. If they can't do that then give your boss 1-2 weeks notice and a resignation letter. If you need a job then try finding a part time job that can be flexible with your school schedule.

• 9 months ago

Maybe you should consider asking for a casual position instead of full time or part time employment opportunities.

Alternatively if you're still interested in only cincentrating on academic studies instead of also working and won't change your mind then, better to explain to your boss what's happening

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.