Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 9 months ago

I want to know if I need to go to the doctor?

I got a friction blister while I was painting. The roller handle gave it to me. It popped while I was painting, and the skin that was supposed to stay on it peeled of and some paint got on it. It dried and I didn’t mess with it. It didn’t hurt it wasn’t red or anything after that. I have a really bad habit of picking at scabs, and I picked off half of it and now it hurts and is warm to the touch and red. I made the mistake of looking online and obviously I read something that said I could die. I am a paranoid person so I thought I would see if anyone has experience something similar with a open blister.

• ron h
    Favorite Answer

put some Neosporin (or generic) antibiotic Wrap a gauze bandage around the spot to keep it clean and keep you from picking at it. You can look at it, but keep it covered for 2 or 3 days and you'll be fine. The heat is your body working to repair the wound and knock out possible infection.

• Edna

You're not going to die! Put some Neosporin on it, cover it with a piece of gauze, and stop picking at it. Don't ever open a blister, and give up your silly habit of picking a scab off a wound. All that's going to do is make it that much more sore.

• kelvin

no you should not

You are going to die. Get your sorry butt to an E.R. stat!

Clean it well with antiseptic and antibiotic cream, and cover it well. If it is not getting better in about a day, then go to the doctor

• ?

If ita warm to the touch and red, it could be infected. Apply some antibacterial cream.and a bandaid. If its still bad in a week, go see a doctor