promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsSkin Conditions · 9 months ago

I want to know if I need to go to the doctor?

I got a friction blister while I was painting. The roller handle gave it to me. It popped while I was painting, and the skin that was supposed to stay on it peeled of and some paint got on it. It dried and I didn’t mess with it. It didn’t hurt it wasn’t red or anything after that. I have a really bad habit of picking at scabs, and I picked off half of it and now it hurts and is warm to the touch and red. I made the mistake of looking online and obviously I read something that said I could die. I am a paranoid person so I thought I would see if anyone has experience something similar with a open blister.

6 Answers

Relevance
  • ron h
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
    Favorite Answer

put some Neosporin (or generic) antibiotic Wrap a gauze bandage around the spot to keep it clean and keep you from picking at it. You can look at it, but keep it covered for 2 or 3 days and you'll be fine. The heat is your body working to repair the wound and knock out possible infection.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Edna
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You're not going to die! Put some Neosporin on it, cover it with a piece of gauze, and stop picking at it. Don't ever open a blister, and give up your silly habit of picking a scab off a wound. All that's going to do is make it that much more sore.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

no you should not

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

You are going to die. Get your sorry butt to an E.R. stat!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 months ago

Clean it well with antiseptic and antibiotic cream, and cover it well. If it is not getting better in about a day, then go to the doctor

• ?
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

If ita warm to the touch and red, it could be infected. Apply some antibacterial cream.and a bandaid. If its still bad in a week, go see a doctor

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.