Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 9 months ago

Can muslims drink alcohol?

Hi! Interested in the religion and wanted to know this.

I know of several moslems who said the proscription against alcohol only applies, technically, to wine.

• Dr. D

Muslims are not permitted to drink alcohol.

I know you'll find many Muslim men drinking alcohol when they are vacationing in western countries, but they return to being good Muslims when they get back home.

• It depends how high their liquor tolerance is. Most people in the Middle East have a low tolerance because of bad genes from inbreeding through cousin marriage and so for them it’s definitely haram.

That’s a stupid question to ask. Read a book. Why are Westerners obsessed with alcohol? I enjoy life without drinking.

• Chi girl

Anon -- Eh? You can come down off your high horse. I don't know anyone "obsessed with alcohol." And I've never been drunk nor seen friends or family drunk.

Yes. It's quite easy to drink alcohol.

• Kin

First of all, please ignore the ignorant users lying about my religion because I love my religion and is nothing like what they lying and slandering about.

Ignore delusional, slanderous users like armouror and he's a liar and generalizing all. Some of the people who are corrupted or have corrupted their faith are the ones who would disobey this rule and this moron is generalizing all Muslims.

He's the hypocrite who never tells the truth.

Second, no, Muslims are not allowed to drink the alcohol of this world. It is forbidden. There is no secret why certain things are forbidden by Allah because they are harmful to others and oneself. That is why they are forbidden and people can develop addictions or dependency and alcohol has many consequences. It ruins lives and hurts others and makes people commit sins while they are intoxicated and without recollection/ without self-awareness. They can't remember. Alcohol is the mother of all sins. Alcohol can ruin someone in this life and people can be ruined in the afterlife as well because of certain sins committed in this life and never repenting to Allah sincerely.

So, Muslims do not drink because of what I mentioned above and do not disobey what Allah forbids. People do their best to obey commands of Allah.

If my Allah guides you to truth, and to His light of guidance, I believe it is the happiest moment of your life and the best.

Allah guides whomever He pleases and whomever sincerely seeking guidance from Him and will happen if Allah wills for you.

Please see a special short video in the comments.

If my Allah guides you and you become a Muslim; if you don't drink any alcohol for the sake of Allah in this life and if you strive sincerely for the sake of Allah in this life and if my Allah forgives you just as anyone else and gives you mercy in the afterlife,

My Allah will reward you with many rewards and the rewards of the alcoholic beverages of the Heavens; if you become one of the people of paradise, you will have an alcoholic drink from the fountains of paradise, the wines of paradise and many other special drinks of paradise and foods of the paradise.

Just for NOT drinking the alcoholic drinks of this world and it tastes awful as people say although the fountain wines of paradise are delicious, non-toxic and you can have as much as you want in your goblet if you become one of the people of paradise.

Because you have obeyed Allah and sincerely strive, if you did your best and in seeking the pleasure of Allah. And if you never ever give up on hope, the Hope of Allah, the Mercy of Allah, the Forgiveness of Allah. Therefore, Allah rewards if Allah wills and more.

I will not drink and will never drink because my Allah forbids and its not worth losing the pleasure of Allah, the rewards of Allah and more. Allah is everything to me and His rewards are far better and eternal.

I will post a special recitation in the comments about the drinks of paradise and some of the rewards of paradise mentioned. There are many chapters my Allah mentions about the drinks, the rivers, the special drinks of paradise and many other rewards.

I hope you watch the short links in the comments and learn interesting things.

• We who care about the rules that religious or other people use, what we care about are the laws of God! God has created everything, if used in moderation it is lawful!

Proverbs 23:30-35.

30 Those who linger long at the wine,

Those who go in search of mixed wine.

31 Do not look on the wine when it is red,

When it sparkles in the cup,

When it swirls around smoothly;

32 At the last it bites like a serpent,

And stings like a viper.

33 Your eyes will see strange things,

And your heart will utter perverse things.

34 Yes, you will be like one who lies down in the [b]midst of the sea,

Or like one who lies at the top of the mast, saying:

35 “They have struck me, but I was not hurt;

They have beaten me, but I did not feel it.

When shall I awake, that I may seek another drink?”

Islam is a horrible religion. That is all you need to understand. It needs to be eradicated from the face of the earth. The sooner the better. I am not hating on the poor Muslims. Certainly not the vast majority of them.

Islam has not and can not go through reformation. Its ideas are principles were created by a lunatic mad man.

• Common Sense9 months agoReport

Your parents failed to raise you properly. Grow up, stay offline and read a book. If Islam was a horrible religion there wouldn’t be many verses in the Quran telling you to respect your parents, have good manners, give to charity etc etc

Yes they can - but if they actually follow their religion, and aren't Muslims in name only, they consider it wrong to drink alcohol.

They're not supposed to, no.