Female looking to get into trucking but need help picking a truck driving school!?

I am a female looking to get into the truck driving industry. I also want a company that is going to pay for my cdl a, but I can't decided on who to sign up with. The choices are: Swift, CRST, Stevens, CR England, Prime, Knight, and Covenant. I cannot decided who is better or offers better training or who is the better choice overall?

You should also consider getting a concealed carry permit. Find out if any of the employers allow drivers to carry guns. You will be getting involved in a rough crowd.

• JetDoc

It's ILLEGAL to carry a firearm in a Commercial vehicle. If you get caught, it's a firing offense.

• JetDoc

Knight and Swift merged a few years ago, and now are basically one company. Combined, they are the largest trucking company in the country, and they have trucking terminals spread all over the country, so you'll have a better chance to be home based near where you want to be. The others you have listed drive all over the country, but are more likely to have bases in only one region.

As far as training is concerned, they're all pretty much the same, because they are all training to the same Federal standard. You can talk to their recruiters, but don't believe everything they tell you. The recruiter's job is to get butts in seats, and they may tend to exaggerate a bit to get you to sign up. Like most other things in life... Don't believe it unless you get it in writing!

Good luck!

Source(s): I'm a retired long-haul trucker (CDL-A with HazMat, Tanker, Duals and TWIC)