Why do you believe you're a Christians when Jesus said you have to "prove" you're a Christian (II Timothy 4:5)?

JESUS PROMISED "PROOF"

Of "POWER" (Acts 1:8) after Holy Spirit baptism (Acts 1:5)!

"Spiritual gifts" (I Corinthians 12:7-10) after Holy Spirit baptism

(I Corinthians 12:13)!

"Signs following" (Mark 16:17-18) after Holy Spirit baptism

(Mark 16:16)!

Where is your "CONFIRMATION that the Lord is working with you with signs following" (Mark 16:20)?

GOD WANTS "PROOF" (II Timothy 4:5)!!!@@@

I know that I am a Christian because I know what the word "Christian" means and I know that I meet that definition.

Clearly you are badly mistaken about 2Ti 4:5.

- Jesus is not speaking

- The author (Paul, not Jesus) does not instruct us to prove that we are Christians. In fact, he does not instruct us to do anything remotely resembling that. Instead, he instructs Timothy - the pastor of a church - regarding things that he - as pastor of that church - ought to do and be, and none of them are "prove that you are a Christian".

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2ti+4...

I believe I am a christian because I prove my faith to Jesus and god everyday.

• magix151

You assume no one has been HS baptized except you. You assume we have to prove something to you. You want us to think like you. I will never do that, because I AM A CHRISTIAN. I will not follow a false prophet. You can quote what you like. Even Satan can do so convincingly.

Lots of people claim they are; yet are hiding behind their lies.

The Bible states that when the man ends up destroying this whole planet only 144,000 people will go to Heaven then!

• magix151

Granny, you keep saying "prove it", yet you do not prove yourself except as one who berates others and uses profanity to make a point.

• Mattie

Why do you assume that I believe I'm a Christian because I've not claimed to be one, duh?

First off, I don't see this saying one needs to prove they're a "Christian", logically the person already has proven their faith because he talks about proof of the ministry,

itching ears;

4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry

That said...

A true disciple is one that sells all they have denies themself, and takes their cross. And there are almost No "christians" that do this.

Salvation is a free gift, just for the asking, we are saved by faith and grace and sometimes exalted by meritorious life style. We are judged by our works, everyone, and rewarded accordingly, a true Christian becomes like a saint and does the works of Jesus maybe even including the works of Abraham

• norine6 months agoReport

"And if by grace [Rm 5:1-2], then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then it is no more grace: otherwise work is no more work" (Romans 11:6)!

• Dooby

I am not what would be called a Christian in today's world. I am thankful to God for that.

• norine6 months agoReport

"But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" (I Cor 214)!

Sorry Mitko, seems like your translator is broken, Bulgarian ----------------> English

Your handlers will not be happy.

• norine6 months agoReport

Yes! HE would! "And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man's wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power" (I Cor 2:4)!

I don't believe that I am a 'christian' at all.

All Jesus has ever done is make vacant proclamations

and hide in the 1200-page dump that he still can't seem to crawl out of.

Jesus has yet to "prove" that he is the son of God.

The bible is not proof ... and Jesus's "say-so" isn't either.