Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 10 months ago

So My boyfriend expressed to me last week that he was going to detox for alcohol abuse , then days after looking into it,he says that?

He wouldn’t be able to go because it’s too expensive. Then he tells me he’s going away for some meditation. He went away and I believe he was drinking . I’m loosing hope . Is there anyone experiencing similar?

Usually people slow down by themselves, if they don't, like drinking hardcore alcohol, or doing crazy amounts of whatever drug, their health usually takes a turn for the worse, and they may die sooner than average. I don't know, my dad drank, I took drugs, but I'm basically off everything now, give or take a little.

• polly

Yes,my uncle recently died from alcoholism & it sucked because he was my best uncle.

It's a tricky situation for you to be in,because even though your boyfriends intentions to minimize or stop his drinking are strong,the compulsion & physical dependence to continue drinking is stronger.

No, i don't think anyone else is going through anything similar.