Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 4 months ago

A Christian on R&S just wrote that the human Jesus was nailed to the cross, but the divine Jesus was NOT nailed to the cross. Is he lying?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago
    Favorite Answer

A Christian on R&S just wrote that the human Jesus was nailed to the cross, but the divine Jesus was NOT nailed to the cross. Is he lying?

ALL christers are liars...

• Anonymous
    4 months ago

Yes. Every lie is sourced in the father of all lies.

We have all believed lies... non of us are exempt. I would test him and ask him to give evidence of that claim from the sacred texts.

Jesus was in hell AS he was nailed to the cross: his soul was in the waterless pit - a much worse torture than even what his physical body suffered. The whites of his eyes were stained a putrid yellow by our sin. His large eyes - way too big for his face - stained yellow- made him look inhuman. No mark touched his perfect skin, except the thorns on his head. He was crying tears with blood in them.... I know because I saw.

I was there at the cross looking into his eyes.

Taken there in November of 2003 to witness first hand what Jesus did for me.

It was personal.

Ask to know of this love that eclipsed the torture he willingly took in your place.

• Surely it's a Garden Trolls, like you?

Otherwise you wouldn't have put the ignoble and offensive question back to Jesus Christ, the Lord!

Get ready when you're in your own court of law before God's judgment! Your cross will be eternal hell! LOL!

• 4 months ago

That's a heresy that the church leaders voted against in the Council of Nicaea. That doctrine did not win the popular vote.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    4 months ago

Jesus never existed so its moot.

• Dooby
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

No. He just misunderstands. Jesus was born to bridge the gap between mortal man and the divine that mortal man cannot comprehend. To do so both the mortal and the divine Jesus suffered.

• 4 months ago

Of course he's lying.

Lies are the only way that 'christians' can bring any validity

to the 2,000-year NO-SHOW that they call their "savior".

• janhoi
    Lv 6
    4 months ago

You know you can ask a question without launching a passive aggressive, snarky ad hominem you know. I'm not lying about what Christian theology says about Jesus's crucifixion. His human nature suffered a physical death on the cross. But his divine nature did not die. Hence why death itself couldn't contain him.

When you understand our theology and religious anthropology(religious understanding of what it means to be human) it makes more sense. I said in my last answer that as Christians we believe in the hypostatic union(Christ has two natures, a human and divine one). When you extend that view to the human person, according to St John of Damascus all human beings are a hypostatic union because all human beings contain in themselves a soul and a body.

Now from a religious perspective when a person dies(whatever the cause) just because the body is dead doesn't mean that the soul is. The soul lives on beyond the body. In a similar sense just because Christ suffered a physical death doesn't mean that the divine nature that he shares with the Father and Holy Spirit were killed on the cross

Source(s): Anglican Christian
  • Gourry
    Lv 5
    4 months ago

Divine Jesus didn't want any of this crap. He ran away before things got bad, leaving human Jesus take all the blow.

• 4 months ago

Lying?? No, not if he actually believes that nonsense. If he believes it, he's just gullible not lying.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.